Sunday, February 25, 2024

An Appearance by Two Fabulous Elders

Look who made it into my blog!!! These two elders have been waiting and watching for WEEKS to see if their pictures would appear on this blog. FINALLY! Today their dreams came true! It is a highly sought-after honor in this mission to appear on Sister Jones' blog, after all. 😂 I love these two hard-working elders. They are devoted to God and to helping His children. And I am lucky to be serving in the same branch with them right now.


I was with some very lovely people at our branch president's house this weekend. He cooked us some fabulous food! We celebrated his son's birthday and had a beautiful discussion about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love that our branch is led by an energetic, loving man of God. Some faces are blocked to protect their privacy since I didn't have their permission to post their pictures, not because they are in some kind of witness protection progam.

A sad thing happened this week. The general secretary in our mission lost her brother. He was only 54 years old and he died unexpectedly. When you are in God's service, He doesn't always protect you from difficult things but He DOES carry you through them. The secretary and her husband flew home to Alberta for the funeral. Our entire mission is mourning with them. She is pictured here with her husband. These two are dearly loved in this mission because of the genuine love that they show to our young missionaries and the rest of us! It's easy to give back love to someone who is so kind to you.



This was a fun little find for me! This week while I was clicking away, I saw a Chinese signature on a document! I'm really surprised I even noticed it because I generally don't look at what's on the documents because I'm moving along at such a quick pace. Some missionaries like to stop and read the documents, others of us just plow ahead as fast as we can, hastening God's work. Neither way is better, they are just different.


Speaking of plowing along, I had 10,303 "clicks"  in ONE week! That's a HUGE week of clicking for me and a number far beyond any I've ever reached in a single week! Thanks be to God for allowing me to work with Him in the vineyard. Numbers like that cannot be achieved without God's help.


I visited a small town called St. Hyacinthe this weekend and was surprised to find an African shop!


Our missionaries inspire me with their hard work and devotion to God! They are very fixed on their purpose to bring others to Jesus Christ. In the first two months of this year they have help 109 people be baptized. Our goal for the entire year is 691. If we keep going at this rate, we're going to do it! But really, GOD is going to do it and He's going to let us help Him. My goal is to find one (yes, you read that right) person for the missionaries to teach. I've found three so far, but none of them was really serious about learning more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. But I'm going to keep trying. . .with the young missionaries as my heroic examples!!

Running total of captures: 240,713


No comments:

Post a Comment

BE with God

We got another referral for the young missionaries! Another sister missionary and I went out to dinner and the waitress asked about our name...