Sunday, February 18, 2024

I Ran Away!

 I had some fun valentine surprises this week. Someone taped this fun valentine to my apartment door.


And here's what it said on the back. I haven't positively identified the deliverer yet, but I have my suspicions.

Some cute senior missionaries decorated my door! I felt loved by these kind surprises.

This project at the archives even seemed to be a nod to Valentine's this week. I've never seen so many ribbons on one project! Thankfully, one of the missionaries who prepares projects for capturing removes all of the ribbons for us so that it makes capturing much faster.

I had the chance to visit Ottawa this weekend! It's the capital of Canada and is actually in a different province than Montreal. However, it's only a 2.5 hour drive from Montreal. The first thing that I noticed as I drove into town was that ALL OF THE SIGNS WERE IN ENGLISH! I understood EVERYTHING!! It felt so bizarre. And it was so great at all of the gatherings I was in this weekend, I could freely talk to everyone because we all spoke the same language! THAT hasn't been the case for quite some time!

I was able to attend a baptism.

I spent a little time downtown.

Here's a delicacy that started in Ottawa, a pastry called beavertails. It's a fried dough with various toppings on it. I have yet to try one.


I saw some young missionaries that I haven't seen for several months!



and attend a fireside about race and the priesthood which had some really good music!

Conversation overheard with some of our senior missionaries. . .
Elder L: Our mission runs from the US border all the way up to the North Pole!
Sister F: So that means Santa Claus is in our mission??

Running total of captures: 230,410



No comments:

Post a Comment

BE with God

We got another referral for the young missionaries! Another sister missionary and I went out to dinner and the waitress asked about our name...