Sunday, January 7, 2024

Missing My Champion

This week was a tough one for me. I've been missing my darling missionary son like crazy! It feels like my heart was ripped from my chest and is now walking around somewhere in the Ghana MTC, running from district scripture study, to breakfast, to class, to lunch, to a workshop, to dinner, to class, and then finally dropping into bed after thanking Heavenly Father for the tencer mercies of the day. Only to rise at 5:00 a.m. the following morning to start it all over again.


I'm so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father for protecting me from any extreme pain in missing my son. A few days before he left, a wave of grief hit me as the realization of our separation became a stark reality. We've been accustomed to communicating every day and I knew that that would end in a few short days. I cried off and on for about 45 minutes as I cleaned my apartment. Then I decided to go upstairs to get a hug from Sister W, another senior missionary. After a long, caring hug, she asked if I wanted a priesthood blessing.

The difference I have felt before and after that blessing has been a huge tender mercy to me. Before the blessing I felt unglued, undone, unhinged. Every day since then, I have felt a longing for my son, but underneath it all there has been a strong foundation of peace. God has carried me and I praise His holy name for it!

Prempeh left for the MTC on Tuesday, January 2, 2024. After I knew he was safely there, I took a long drive to a small town I've heard of called Rawdon. It's about an hour and a half north of Montreal. One of the employees at the archives lives up there and has showed us pictures of her lane so I've been wanting to go see the area. 


Looks like a Christmas card! I could LIVE here!


I stopped at a store in Rawdon to pick up some things and my phone rang. It was a Ghana number and I was very confused. It was my son calling from the MTC! Who knew that when you enter the Ghana MTC they give you a list of things to do and one of the things on the list is to call your mom?!? I LOVE the Ghana MTC president, whoever he is!!

May this be a good year for all of us! God bless us everyone.


Running total of captures: 189,842

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE with God

We got another referral for the young missionaries! Another sister missionary and I went out to dinner and the waitress asked about our name...