Sunday, January 14, 2024

The Big Move

Just LOOK at that warming trend! I can't wait! This week has been frigid. One day as I was walking home it was about 0° F and I was thinking it wasn't bad. . .until the wind kicked up. It was blowing from my right side and all of a sudden I had a small headache on the right side of my forehead. THAT was a new phenomenon for me! I've never had a headache caused by cold weather before! The headache was cured as soon as I walked into the front door of our building. Haha. It's funny now, but it  wasn't at the time!

We have some new missionaries coming to serve with us in the archives in February. They're from Arizona. I'm a little worried about them. 😉



I got to talk to this cutie who is THRIVING in the MTC! He loves it there! All except for the A/C. He's used to living out in the heat. I spent about the first 10 seconds of our call with my face buried in my hands crying. The emotions were intense. I've been missing him so much.


My big news is that I'm moving to a new apartment and I'll have a BEDROOM! I'm going to DOUBLE my living space. It feels SO SPACIOUS compared to the studio apartment I've been living in.


And the kind housing missionaries offered to swap the two twin beds for a queen size bed. When I arrived in Montreal and found out that I'd be sleeping on a twin size bed, it occurred to me that I haven't slept on a bed that small since I was in college. The bed also had to be next to a wall since the living space was so small. That made the bed feel even smaller.



The one sad thing about moving from the 8th floor to the 4th floor is that I will lose my view of Mount Royal. Since my new apartment is on the back side of the building, I now have a view of an alley and the back sides of buildings across the alley. There are, however, positive things about being on the back side of the building. I won't hear yelling and sirens all night long. It will be much quieter. And since the back side of the building faces North, my apartment will be much cooler in the summer. Farewell, lovely Mount Royal.



Running total of captures: 196,862

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE with God

We got another referral for the young missionaries! Another sister missionary and I went out to dinner and the waitress asked about our name...