Sunday, September 15, 2024

One Cog on the Wheel

I've been thinking about this dear man a lot during my mission. My dad taught me through example that we take ANY assignment from our Church leaders, whether it's something we like or not. I'm sure there are many a bishop who are grateful for members of the Church like Harold Jones, members who will do literally anything asked of them. They don't hesitate to take the hard-to-fill callings. 


I'm grateful that my parents left us a legacy of hard work. While I do not always find joy in taking pictures of historical documents, I understand that it is an important piece in the gathering of Israel happening in the latter days. My parents taught me to get the job done whether I like it or not. I took this picture to remind me that I am just one tiny cog on a large wheel. But every cog is important to keep things running smoothly.


Canada culture: You think these are two common rolls of coins. WRONG! They are a MUCH sought after commodity in Montreal, and VERY difficult to find. We need them to feed the laundry machines in our apartment building. There's only one bank in the entire city that we've found who is willing to sell us rolls of "toonies" and last week when I went to get some at the branch near our archives building, they refused to sell me any. AHHHHH! Luckily another branch sold me some and I will not have to wear dirty clothes for the rest of my mission.


I helped gather food for the food drive again this year. People were very generous. And I got to meet four very impressive teenage girls who were on my team. 


We received some unexpected news this week. One of our archives couples will be transferred to Ottawa to replace a senior couple who is going home next month. That will change things up around here.

Greetings from Viger Avenue Est!



Running total of captures: 396,697
Running total of docs prepped: 12,859

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE with God

We got another referral for the young missionaries! Another sister missionary and I went out to dinner and the waitress asked about our name...