Sunday, September 22, 2024

The Creator of Beauty

I'm not sure what kind of a shrine this is. . .


But it got more elaborate the next day. 😂


Canada culture:  Sorry for the fuzzy shot, but this is what supreme pizzas are called in Canada.


President and Sister Sorensen invited all of the seniors who serve in or near Montreal to join them for lunch after our senior district council. When I asked them why they pay so much attention to seniors, president said that his aunt and uncle served a mission and were not welcomed to the mission, were hardly noticed by the president, and they left without any notice of the mission leaders. He said he strongly disagreed with that and decided it would NOT happen in the mission he served in! And he and Sister Sorensen have been good to their word. I feel SO noticed and respected by them. It's such an honor and blessing to serve with them. It's just nice to be noticed...not that we need accolades, just acknowledge that we're here and that what we're doing is a contribution to the mission.


Hmm, something seems to be missing here.


One of my Chinese piano students' mothers sends some kind of food for me every week. She is so kind. These are little twisted cookies.


The pinnacle of my week was a drive two hours from Montreal to a tiny town to see the leaves starting to change. I passed through Rawdon on my way and saw this beautiful scene.


Then arrived at Saint Côme thirty minutes later.




My happy place. . .


I'm so grateful that our Savior created a season (at least in parts of North America) where leaves change colors. It's magical! In the plan of the creation, it could have been that green leaves just fell off the trees as winter approached. But no, our Creator decided to delight us with magnificent beauty at the changing of the seasons. I praise His name for this beautiful creation of changing leaves which brings me great 




Running total of captures: 406,710
Running total of docs prepped: 12,859




No comments:

Post a Comment

BE with God

We got another referral for the young missionaries! Another sister missionary and I went out to dinner and the waitress asked about our name...