Monday, April 1, 2024

Easter Week

I think I just had the best Easter in my memory! My focused scripture study and simple Easter decorations kept my thoughts focused on Christ all week. I loved the songs, videos, and scripture suggestions from the Church's "Easter Study Plan." The videos were especially poignant for me. Here are some of my favorite decorations this week. . .



I hope my Easter celebrations become better and better every year!

One of my favorite senior missionary couples is finishing their mission in a few days. I'm going to miss them terribly. But the only constant thing in a mission is the coming and going of missionaries in and out of your life. I wrote on their car last week "Don't go!" Here was their response on my car. . .



There are many things I love about these two but I think my favorite thing is how they love our young missionaries. They have both made the office such a welcoming and comfortable place to be! They will be sorely missed by everyone, not just by me.

We had a TON of time off this weekend for the Easter celebration so we took full advantage of it. The archives were closed on Friday and Monday. On Friday, fourteen of us seniors went to the temple and then out to lunch. It was a beautiful experience to be in the temple on Good Friday after studying about the Savior all week. I love the focus on the Savior in the endowment session as well.



Saturday we drove out to the country for a "sugar shack" experience. We were too late in the season to see the maple sugar dripping from the trees but we did roll maple syrup poured on top of "snow" to make maple taffy.


We visited some farm animals on the property. This little lamb fit in perfect with my focus on Easter this week.



We went on a horse drawn carriage ride.



And ended with a lunch doused in maple syrup with some entertainment and dancing. I really do serve with some lovely people. What a fun day!





. . . remains of the day, syrup dribbles all down the front of my shirt. 


The festivities continued on into Monday with a district P-day starting with pickleball and ending with poutine for lunch. Google poutine if you don't know what it is...a famous meal created in Montreal. I love being with my young missionaries!!





HE IS RISEN! What a great Easter week I've had. What a great life and eternity I have BECAUSE OF THE SAVIOR!

Running total of captures: 272,159





No comments:

Post a Comment

BE with God

We got another referral for the young missionaries! Another sister missionary and I went out to dinner and the waitress asked about our name...