Sunday, December 3, 2023

Christmas is Coming

Just when you think Canada and the U.S. are quite similar, you open a package of cream cheese and find a blue piece of wax paper. Hmmm...


I had a few ornaments leftover that wouldn't fit on my tree so I decided to put together this wreath.


More shenanigans in the parking garage.




Worn out shoes on a hard-working missionary's feet



This guy up and left us at the archives! How dare he?!? He was the night guard and though his English was just about as good as my French, we managed to become good friends anyway because he has such a good heart. Whenever I was feeling frustrated or having a bad day, I'd get up out of my chair and go down to the front desk to say hi to him for a minute. It was always a guarantee to boost my mood. 



The whole room lights up when he smiles. I am going to miss him soooooo much!



I'm ruined. I'll never be satisfied with imitation maple syrup from now on. The real stuff is SOOO good!



Mount Royal



Welcome to my tiny home...all decked out for Christmas.




Getting tired of these pictures? I'm getting tired of LIVING it! But for the past 2 weeks I've been training myself to turn on the water in the sink to wash my hands BEFORE I flush the toilet. Well, this particular morning it paid off! It's much easier to let the waste accumulate in the toilet and then just do one flush before I leave for the day. Crikey! I'm starting to feel like I'm living in Africa again. Good thing I'm proficient at bucket showers.


The range I've had ever since I've been in Montreal has been pathetic. Three of the four burners barely heated up. And the top heating element in the oven was also very weak so the baking was VERY uneven. So they finally replaced it. Hmm, I wonder how I can find 350. The struggle with management is REAL!



A creche outside the Montreal, Quebec Temple



Here's our apartment building. Can you guess where I live? Come on, people! Where are your Christmas decorations???


It's been an incredibly busy week ending in a stake "Spirit of Christmas" music concert. Here's a link to my favorite performance. Are you surprised it's my African brothers and sisters?

My missionary work this week has been done mostly on Facebook since the digital finding young missionaries did a training for us old dogs on how to do that. The funniest exchange I had on Facebook...
Him: Are you married?
Me: Have you ever heard of the Book of Mormon? It's another testament of Jesus Christ, like the Bible.
Him: You didn't answer my question.
Me: I could arrange for someone to bring you a copy of the Book of Mormon if you'd like.
...he gave up 😂

Running total of captures: 162,284

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE with God

We got another referral for the young missionaries! Another sister missionary and I went out to dinner and the waitress asked about our name...