Monday, November 20, 2023

New Blood!

We got new archive missionaries this week! We took them around a little bit on Saturday to help them get the lay of the land. It's energizing to have new blood! Sadly, the new sister and I both had bad colds on Sunday so they didn't get to go to church their first week here.


There are 5 Joneses in the mission now! I joke with them that we are going to start taking over the mission.
 


This happened again. . .exactly one week after the same event last week. Both times it happened on a Wednesday. I'm taking a shower on Tuesday night this week...just in case.



Four of us missionaries went to lunch on P-day. I had to try poutine which is a local speciality at THE place to get poutine. The first time I tried it, it was a fast food version and it was awful. We didn't know it was a fast food kind of place. The second time I had it, it was a very boring version. After eating here at La Banquise, I'm never eating poutine anwhere else. Basic poutine is a bed of fries topped with squeaky cheese and gravy. But La Banquise puts all sorts of other things on it. The young sisters were so excited to introduce us to this place.

While we were eating, this young man slid into the chair near us. It turns out he was a missionary in this mission a few years back and now he's a pilot. That day he had a layover in Montreal so he had to come and get some poutine. It was fun to meet him and I'm glad he came to say hi.


This poutine had hamburger, bacon, fried pickes, and grilled onions. Yum!


I met a man in the metro last week who was handing out papers with a picture of Jesus Christ on them. I stopped and showed him my badge and to tell him that I'm all about Jesus Christ as well. He's a missionary for the 7th Day Adventist church and he's originally from Haiti. We could barely communicate because he knows about as much English as I know French. But I stayed and talked with him long enough to feel of his spirit. He is a good and warm man with a sincere heart. Then he made the mistake of giving me his card because he's a taxi driver. Well, I gave his phone number to the young missionaries who speak French so they can call him and ask if he's interested in hearing about our church and learning even more about Jesus. I had such a warm feeling for this man that when I returned from buying cupcakes at the store and saw him again, I gave him one. This is the second Hatian I've known here in Montreal and they seem to be incredibly warm, genuine people!


Running total of captures: 151,570

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE with God

We got another referral for the young missionaries! Another sister missionary and I went out to dinner and the waitress asked about our name...