Sunday, May 14, 2023

My Assignment and Exploring

 


I am so blessed to serve with these wonderful missionaries. One couple left yesterday and I'm going to miss them terribly. They have taught me so much in the past 2 weeks and have tenderly mentored me.


These are the kinds of documents we are capturing. I love this line from the wills I have seen..."I recommend my soul to my God." I think I should put that in my living trust.


We work in the coolest building. It's the national archives of Quebec located in Montreal. I love the ying yang tables. Students from nearby universities often come here to study because it's a very quiet place. However, the library and archives employees have been on strike since last Thursday so the building has been locked. We are some of the very few people in the building.


The building was originally a college.


Hogwarts is right across the street from the archives.


This is the night view from my balcony. I love the cross that is lit up. It makes me feel like God is watching over this city. And also it feels like an invitation to look up to God. Elder F calls the cell tower on the left "the devil's fork." Haha!

The people of Montreal call this a mountain, Mount Royal. But those of us who live in the shadows of the Rocky Mountains would call it a large hill.
"Erected in 1924, the cross atop Mount Royal commemorates January 6, 1643, when Maisonneuve, Montréal's founder, kept his promise to carry a wooden cross to the summit of Mount Royal if the young colony survived flooding.
Source:  https://www.mtl.org/en/what-to-do/heritage-and-architecture/cross-atop-mount-royal#:~:text=Erected%20in%201924%2C%20the%20cross,the%20young%20colony%20survived%20flooding. 


Sister C and I have decided that we're going to go exploring every Saturday. We visited St. Helen's Island and Notre Dame Island. There were lovely gardens.




We also visited Notre Dame basilica. It was beautiful.


 I love this artist's nod to Canada by placing a maple leaf in Mary's hand.

I  met our mission leaders for the first time today as they were visiting the ward that I spoke in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE with God

We got another referral for the young missionaries! Another sister missionary and I went out to dinner and the waitress asked about our name...